My mom friends told me going in that Big City Moms’ Biggest Baby Shower was a must attend. Sure, the ticket price is on the higher side, but they told me that you would more than get your money’s worth in all the things you would come back with (from samples to full-sized products) and in the knowledge you’d gain. My sister and I caved and bought our tickets and thankfully well in advance, as several of the premium packages started to disappear closer to the week of the event.
I ended up going with the “Super Pass”, which included early entrance, a Beco Baby Carrier, a BINGO card and a gift bag. Thanks to the BINGO card, I ended up going home with this Peg Perego Rialto, a portable booster chair perfect for travel. Baby Z will definitely put it to use once he’s big enough!
Definitely recommend any package that includes the gift bag. It truly is a swag bag like no other. So big that we thankfully had my parents lined up to give us a ride back with our estimated 20-25 pounds worth of swag. Sitting in the floor last night going through it all, I had to pull out a few of my favorite things. Still processing everything, but here are some great products I’m excited to try and/or vendors I can’t wait to work with! (*And no, no one is paying me to say this – I’m just genuinely excited about all these things.)
- Chatbooks – I love the idea of creating a hashtag for your baby or just “hearting” your favorite photos from your iPhone to easily pull them into their platform to create these mini-books on a one-off or ongoing basis. Such a perfect and easy way to convert the digital into the tangible. Definitely plan on using.
- Ergobaby – T and I decided a few weeks back after trying out various carriers that we preferred Ergobaby’s 360. Or so we thought. Last night I learned about the new Ergobaby Adapt, which doesn’t require the additional insert for newborns – one less thing to buy/remember and less heavy fabric to make baby warm. Love! Right now it’s available on pre-sale directly from Ergobaby. It’ll be available in other retailers though soon (and going straight on our registry).
- Britax – T and I have decided we are likely going with the Britax line of car seats. So great to meet the team in person and get to see some of their latest gear.
- Yummy Mummy – I wasn’t familiar with this Upper East Side boutique before last night, but found the team knowledgeable and super friendly. The cute yet functional nursing clothing they carry caught my eye. They also are a great in person resource for all things nursing – from pumps to custom fit nursing bras to helping you with the how-to. Will be paying them a visit soon.
- Earth Mama Angel Baby – There were several vendors with types of lotions, creams, and ointments, but only Earth Mama had a special line just for postpartum. Perfect time to learna bout this one. A number of retailers carry their products, including Whole Foods.
- Marpac – Living in Manhattan (and in a building where from time to time we’re blessed with a loud party here and there), a sleep machine/white noise machine has been on my brain. Most for babies though are on a timer, so they do not run throughout the time they are sleeping. Last night I was excited to learn about Marpac’s offering, a small solution which runs continually throughout the night.
- Parasol – This company just launched a few weeks ago and they deliver a softer diaper directly to your home. The cute patterns are an added bonus! The diapers are hypoallergenic
and free of all kinds of things – no latex, chlorine-free, fragrance, or lotion.
It was a long evening, but a very worthwhile one – for sure. I’ll be sharing more tips and pointers from the event later this week!