The weekend is fast approaching (not that I’m watching the clock, or anything.) This year, Valentine’s Day is conveniently located on the weekend – and not just any weekend, the weekend before a holiday. How’s that for timing?
For those of you still thinking on where to go, make sure to check with the restaurant in advance. Many New York City restos are doing prix fixe only for both Saturday and Sunday. Dislike. I found many restaurants did not necessarily have their websites updated to reflect that, so it’s worth a quick call to them just to make sure. There’s even a local pizza restaurant I found that’s getting in on the action, so no obvious assumptions on whether a restaurant will be doing this or not. Eater shared some last minute reservations still available a few days back – worth perusing as a starting point, though many have since vanished.
If you’re looking for something fun to do this weekend or last minute gifts, here are some ideas:
- Last minute gifts for the NYC foodie
- Michael Arenella’s Sweetheart Soirée (Saturday)
- Ice Festival – Central Park (Saturday)
- Sweet Champagnes Class – Flûte Champagne School (Saturday)
- The McKittrick Hotel’s ‘Supercinema’ bash (Saturday)
- Chinatown’s Lunar New Year Parade (Sunday)
- Kings County Distillery’s Whiskey Wars Tour (Sunday)
- Sparkling Wines and Caviar Class – De Gustibus Cooking School (Sunday)
- The Biggest Group Date Ever (Sunday)
Hope you have a great one, whatever your plans may be!