Apple picking season may be winding down, but the focus on apples certainly has not. Today is the beginning of Cider Week in New York City, which kicks off over a week of cider-centric events across the city. This listing has the lowdown on the happenings.
This entire weekend is “Museums on Us“, a weekend sponsored by B of A and Merrill Lynch for their cardholders. For NYC, this means free admittance to the MOMA, Queens Museum of Art, Staten Island Museum, Brooklyn Historical Society, Children’s Museum of Manhattan, and the Whitney. Visit the website for more details. This Saturday is the Toast of Brooklyn. Tickets are available for $29 here via Pulsd. The event promises to be a fun mix of food, wine, spirits and arts.
In the planning column, Village Voice’s 3rd Annual Holiday Spirits Cocktail Cruise is approaching. You can still buy tickets for the November 19th event here.
It’s hard to believe it, but Thanksgiving is just around the corner. If you’re looking for somewhere to celebrate out in the city (instead of trying to stuff a big bird in your tiny NYC apartment – been there, done that), here are some great restaurants that are accepting reservations for Thanksgiving.
- Bryant Park Grill – offering a 3 course prix fixe menu, adults $88 / children $44
- Craft – special 3 course holiday prix fixe menu, adult $145 / children under 12 $75
- The Gander – serving a $85 4 course dinner (12-8pm)
- Hearth – offering a traditional 3 course Thanksgiving meal $98 adult / $48 children 12 and under
- Jane – 3 course holiday menu with options from which to choose (1-9pm)
- Jean Georges – if you’re thinking more upscale, they’re offering a 4 course prix fixe menu, adults $168 / children $98
- Lafayette – serving a $95 prix fixe menu all day on Thanksgiving (12pm-10pm)
- Market Table – offering a prix fixe menu, adult $90/ child $25
- Mercer Kitchen – 3 course seasonal menu, $88 per person
- Pylos – 4 course Greek-inspired Thanksgiving, $55 per person
- Red Rooster Harlem – serving a $55 per person prix fixe menu
- Saxon + Parole – special Thanksgiving feast, $85 adult / children under 12 $45 (2-9pm)
If you’ve never done Thanksgiving out, take a look here at my family’s experience at Pylos back in 2010. Delicious.
Hope you have a wonderful weekend!